The Death House

The Death House - Sarah Pinborough Toby's life was perfectly normal . . . until it was unravelled by something as simple as a blood test.

Taken from his family, Toby now lives in the Death House; an out-of-time existence far from the modern world, where he, and the others who live there, are studied by Matron and her team of nurses. They're looking for any sign of sickness. Any sign of their wards changing. Any sign that it's time to take them to the sanatorium.

No one returns from the sanatorium.

Withdrawn from his house-mates and living in his memories of the past, Toby spends his days fighting his fear. But then a new arrival in the house shatters the fragile peace, and everything changes.

Because everybody dies. It's how you choose to live that counts.

“I’m not afraid”

Ouch! That took me by surprise! I adore Sarah Pinborough's work especially the Thomas Bond series so I came to the Death House unprepared for this deeply moving book of love, life, friendship and death.

Beautiful, effortless writing and a story, best taken at face value, I tried not to dwell too much on what came before the sickness, or any of the other speculative aspects. It was a distraction and you can ponder preceding events after you have finished the novel.

Stunning....*mops tears*