Reviver: A Novel

Reviver: A Novel - Seth Patrick Jonah Miller is a Reviver, able to temporarily revive the dead so they can say goodbye to their loved ones — or tell the police who killed them.

Jonah works in a department of forensics created specifically for Revivers, and he’s one of the best in the business. For every high-profile corpse pushing daisies, it’s Jonah’s job to find justice for them. But while reviving the victim of a brutal murder, he encounters a terrifying presence. Something is on the other side watching. Waiting. His superiors tell him it's only in his mind, a product of stress. Jonah isn't so certain.

Then Daniel Harker, the first journalist to bring revival to public attention, is murdered. Jonah finds himself getting dragged into the hunt for answers. Working with Harker's daughter Annabel, he becomes determined to find those responsible and bring them to justice. Soon they uncover long-hidden truths that call into doubt everything Jonah stands for, and reveal a sinister force that threatens us all.

Debut novel nicely straddling the increasingly popular supernatural thriller sub-genre

The strength of the premise is compelling enough to power the story and the construction of the Reviver back story well done and the revivals themselves are superb.

Just a couple of little niggles ....as the story progressed I would have liked more supernatural less running round with guns; female characters that never really develop outside their body shape & hair colour. Finally...dear author, please never ever use Never as a character's name - brought me up short every time I read it.

First in a trilogy and a soon to be a film, I will be interested to see where this goes

Extra star for the cool interactive cover