We Are All Completely Fine

We Are All Completely Fine - Daryl Gregory Harrison is the Monster Detective, a storybook hero. Now he’s in his mid-thirties and spends most of his time not sleeping.

Stan became a minor celebrity after being partially eaten by cannibals. Barbara is haunted by the messages carved upon her bones. Greta may or may not be a mass-murdering arsonist. And for some reason, Martin never takes off his sunglasses.

Unsurprisingly, no one believes their horrific tales until they are sought out by psychotherapist Dr. Jan Sayer. What happens when these likely-insane outcasts join a support group? Together they must discover which monsters they face are within and which are lurking in plain sight.

A super compelling, creepy novella that sucks you in from the first page and grips until you finish it.

The author creates characters that are so vivid that you feel you are there with them in the group and on occasion he uses a collective voice that gives you the feel that the group is an entity itself. I would have liked to learn more of the mythos, the brief glimpses had a definite Lovecraftian component.

The writing is masterful, the pacing tight - I can see this being made into a film or a series. Fabulous word perfect storytelling - enjoy